As usual, I went over my budget during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year! But there really were some great things at really great prices and I couldn’t pass up the deals. Here I’ll share with you the items I bought and love, with sizing info included. For reference, I am 5’9″, wear a size 12/Large, and wear a size 10 shoe. Feel free to ask any questions about anything I bought! Also, if the items you like are sold out, check back frequently because as people return items, they restock them online.
1. Vince Camuto Jorlyn Mule: I actually bought the 9 1/2 in store (they didn’t have a 10), and was told they would stretch a bit with wear. They were a tiny bit snug so I ended up ordering the 10 after I got home to compare the sizing. Well, after going back and forth, I decided to keep the 9 1/2 because they stayed on my feet better. The 10s were definitely comfortable but slid a little when I walked. Overall, I’d say they are true to size. And these shoes are gorgeous! They also come in black, white, and red. Sale price: $79.90; will go up to $129.95 after sale.
2. Zella Ava tee: Since I’m self-conscious about my arms right now, I needed more workout tees with sleeves. This Zella tee is amazing! It’s super comfortable, longer in the back, stretchy, and sweat-wicking. I wore it to yoga and it stayed in place, even in downward dog. I even ordered a second color. I’m wearing a large, and it fits true to size. Sale price: $29.90; will go up to $45 after sale.
3. Zella Live In Flare High Waist Crop Leggings: As soon as I put these on, I knew they were coming home with me. They are high waisted so they hold in your tummy and sides, but are still so comfortable. Again, they’ve been tested in a yoga class and approved! Wearing size large, they fit true to size. Sale price: $35.90; will go up to $55 after sale.
4. Halogen Lace Yoke Poplin Pinstripe Blouse: This Victorian inspired blouse was one of the first blouses that caught my eye in store. And I fell in love once I put it on! It’s perfect for work with black pants or a pencil skirt, or paired with ripped denim for a contrast. I bought a size large; fits true to size. Sale price: $49.90; will go up to $79 after the sale.
5. Caslon Knit Blazer: I saw this knit blazer on another blogger much thinner than me and it looked so good on her- I thought it may look sloppy on me so I tried it on in store. And I adore it! The material is similar to a light sweatshirt or thick tee shirt and is very comfortable. It also comes in several other colors. I wore it to work already and it was perfect! I bought a size large, runs true to size. Note that the sleeves are a little long, but I rolled them up. Sale price: $39.90; will go up to $59 after the sale.
6. Canvas Jewelry Layered Lariat Necklace: I consider this necklace a hidden gem within the sale. I found it hanging by itself with some earrings on a table of jeans in the store. I tried it on and immediately knew I needed it! It’s so pretty on and works with a variety of necklines. Sale price: $20.90; will up to $32 after the sale.
7. Sam Edelman Tiana Pump: I love anything leopard print and these gorgeous heels were no exception, but I wavered because they are still just over $100. I tried my normal size, a 10, on in store but they were too big. Once Nordstrom offered 10x bonus points per dollar spent the first day of the sale, which would get me to a $20 Nordstrom note, I decided to splurge and buy the size 9 1/2 online. They fit much better! I wore them all day at work this past week and they were fine- I even brought a pair of sandals to change into in case the toe area started to bother me, but I never had to change. The heel isn’t too high and I love the curved detail trim. They also come in other solid colors here for $89.90. Sale price: $104.90; will go up to $159.90 after the sale.
8. J. Crew Très Chic tee: This tee is so cute! Statement tees are pretty popular right now, so I had to have this cute one. I tried on the size large in store and it fit fine but it pulled a little across the chest which was noticeable because of the lettering in that area. I ended up going up one size to an XL and it fits roomier and is a bit longer in length (good if you have a long torso like me!). After reading the reviews online, it sounds like everyone recommends sizing up one size like I did. This also comes in ivory. Sale price: $29.90; will go up to $45 after the sale.
9. Kendra Scott Kingston Pendant Necklace: I’ve always been a big fan of Kendra Scott jewelry. This necklace is so pretty, and is adjustable in length so you can wear it various ways. It comes in yellow gold, rose gold, and silver. So pretty! Sale price: $59.90, will go up to $85 after the sale.
10. Olivia Moon Cotton Blend Knit Blazer: With my broad shoulders and large arms, I often have a hard time finding a blazer that fits well. But I was lucky enough to find two magical blazers during this sale! This Olivia Moon blazer is stretchy and super comfortable like the Halogen blazer above, but it has a touch more structure and is thicker. I could totally wear this to an interview or important meeting at work and look really pulled together. I also like the collar on this one, and there’s little polka dots on the interior lining that you can show off if you roll the sleeves. It looks like this ivory color is sold out now, but it also comes in 3 other colors (the pink is gorgeous!). This runs true to size; I’m wearing a size large. Sale price: $64.90; will go up to $98 after the sale.
• • •
I tried on a whole bunch of things in store that I did not end up buying because they just did not work on my body type, so all the items above were the best of the best for me! I’ve ordered a couple more things that I’m still waiting on, like these no-show socks for my workouts [***UPDATE ON SOCKS: They are great! They fit well and stay in place. True to size, I got the medium.***], and these flats in black that I saw in store and loved but didn’t order until this past weekend [***UPDATE: Received the Halogen flats and while they are really comfortable and cute, my size 10 foot looked two sizes bigger due to the cut of the shoe so I decided to return them. I’d recommend for someone with smaller feet though!***]. If you watched my instastories this weekend, you saw that I received these Tory Burch ballet flats and they were a little too small. I’m exchanging them for a half size up and I’m hoping they work because they are beautiful shoes! [***UPDATE ON TORY BURCH SHOES: My true size came in and they are keepers! A lot of reviewers said to order a half size down, but those were a touch too tight. I’d recommend trying your true size and a half size down to see what is most comfortable for you. They are very flexible and I can see myself comfortably wearing these flats all day!***]. I also just ordered these Zella leggings, because I can never have enough comfortable leggings for yoga! [***UPDATE ON ZELLA LEGGINGS: LOVE them! The print is gorgeous, the fabric is so soft and smooth, and they fit perfectly! They fit true to size (I have the large).***]
What are your favorite items from the sale?